Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

TwEAk-my-OS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* TwEAk-my-OS > Topics

Subject: higher hacking level
Replies: 3 Views: 1563

edit.or 20.08.09 - 05:34pm
using reshacker,you can access many os app s ,,under the hood,, alter dialogs replace bitmaps,replace resources which can improve lots of stuffs from user interface till performance.many users allready know that but what not a lot know is to edit the binary files from which some are textual files (.ini .xml .css .htm etc).that s impossible directly from the program interface BUT you can,under action menu save selected resource as a binary file.how to know which are textual?try reading between the nulls.example nbi.bin and than edit it with notepad and the number of charactors doesn t have to be the same!YES MANY NOW YELL: ARE YOU CRAZY,THAT WOULD CONVERT IT TO PURE TEXTUAL FILE. yes and no.from save as select all files under format,select unicode.save it.open it with hex editor(only tested with tiny hexer) and remove extra charactors on start.you have yourself a binary file.than delete the original resource from reshacker and add a new resource,the binary file you saved (do not use direct replace its useles *

edit.or 20.08.09 - 05:56pm
now i suppose you can use notepad to write an ini file as non binary,than open the file with hex editor (supports ole drag and drop),which should convert it to binary than save it to use as reshacker resource but i haven t tested this. tip: use notepad,not notepad++ coze notepad ain t designed for handling nulls the way notepad++ is. what i ve wrote in this topic opens the possibility to build your own themes for windows xp. i use only: GIMP2.2,XnVIEW 1.96RC1 NOTEPAD,TINYHEXER and RESHACKER. all are free of charge. along with what i ve wrote this is anougph for hackin aprox. 90 o/o of xp's interface and some of performance,dependin on hardware and system state. ANOTHER HACK i think xp is better than vista but i gotta say vista has more attractive progressbar. to make simular on xp,send luna.msstyles to reshacker and save resource TEXTFILE-NORMALBLUE_INI-1033 as binary and in notepad find [progress] with search and than edit progressspacesize value from 2 to 0.convert the modified file in binary and replace *

edit.or 20.08.09 - 06:12pm
the coresponding resource in luna.msstyles with modified one,again do not use direct replace it cozes problems.also you can edit the progresschunksize to 1 in the resource if you find your progressbar going in fragments instead of flowing.anyway saving your version of luna over default,clickin it and applyin it should do the job.if you don t want to alter system files and want your theme active,copy folder shell in the same folder as luna.msstyles save it anywhere you want,save your modified luna visual style next to it,click your modified luna.msstyles and apply it THAT S IT.be carefull coze incorrect editing of normalblue_ini can damage your processor!but you are safe as long as you stick to progressbar and not putting below zero values as default or any ilogical value what so ever unless you exactly know what you re doing.many more to come! _ *

nuqi 21.08.09 - 10:18am
I usually use reshacker when a pc starts acting up because of viral infections...its true most users don't know the power of such a little software. *

* TwEAk-my-OS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* TwEAk-my-OS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits